15 Jul Cheap Backyard Ideas for Better Homes and Gardens
Home improvements do not always mean major expenses. There are many cheap landscaping ideas that you can do on your own that can make a high impact on your home exterior without the burden of having to pay so much. Creating a modern, beautiful and functional yard doesn’t have to cost a lot. In fact, there a re a lot of wonderful contemporary gardens out there that use materials that are more eco and budget friendly without compromising design and style. Most creative designers today are into utilizing materials that are easily sourced and are more environmentally sensitive. With creativity and passion to make beautiful things out of the ordinary, a lot of things can be created using simple and cheap materials.
Materials can be cheap or can be even free. You can get creative to come up with your own cheap landscaping ideas. Here are some cheap backyard ideas for better homes and gardens:
1. If you have an unused ground space or bare earth that you’d like to cover up, use broken tiles or pavers and place them in a mosaic pattern of your choice. You can also plant moss between the seams to show contrast. Combining two materials means you need less of each which saves you money for the materials.
2. Create a pathway through your yard using stones.
3. Ask friends for cuttings. There are some plants that grow from a small cutting from other plants. If you have friends that you know owns beautiful flowers on their garden, ask for some cuttings instead of buying.
4. Use plants that do not require too much maintenance to thrive. One good plant to use is the creeping sedum, a light green perennial with yellow flowers that spreads on its own and thrives in full sunshine. It also does not require a lot of water and maintenance to survive. You can also plant herb lemon thyme to your pathway to create an aromatic path. It also requires minimal maintenance and is fragrant when stepped on.
5. Use a combination of grasses to add texture, color and modern look to your garden. They are relatively cheap and also low- maintenance plant that helps make your landscape look expensive.
6. Use gravel as a cheap and chic garden accent. Place it on areas where you do not plan on placing plants or where they do not thrive. You can also place them on where you want to add a modern touch to your garden.
7. Add unexpected materials to your outdoors. Play around some elements and any objects you can find and make use of them to decorate your outdoors. For example, some old tins can be made used as hanging planters, some old pots that you can use as decorations, or perhaps some old windows that you can transform as an outdoor table for a rustic effect in your garden.
There are a lot of ways that you can do to make your outdoor space beautiful. This may look like a major renovation or home improvement project, but it doesn’t mean that you have to spend lots of money to get things done. Even if you are on a budget, invest in your creativity.